Welcome to episode 48 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about why you should stop practicing. Stop practicing!? Indeed, there are certain scenarios where taking a little bit of time off can be incredibly helpful for your jazz playing. Listen in!
Listen to episode 48
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
- Ask LJS: a podcast listener asks how to get better at sight reading and the importance of it.
- Stop practicing if you are getting stressed out.
- Stop practicing if you are over-practicing
- Don’t start practicing if you aren’t ready to practice, or if you are not in the mood.
- Some alternatives to practicing: listen to jazz or jam.
Mentioned in the show
A 30-day audio eCourse that walks you through focused, goal-oriented practicing, where you will be working on things that actually improve your jazz playing.