Welcome to episode 49 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about 3 ways practicing in all 12 keys will make you a better jazz musician. This is a practice that can have profound effects on your playing. Be sure to take the challenge at the end of the episode! Listen in!
Listen to episode 49
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
- Ask LJS: a listener asks a question about learning language for jazz comping.
- Practicing in all 12 keys helps you improve your ear.
- Practicing in all 12 keys helps you become an expert transposer.
- Practicing in all 12 keys helps you internalize the music you are learning. Repetition is key!
- The Challenge: Take a jazz standard or a jazz lick into all 12 keys over the course of a week.
Mentioned in the show
Join our jazz community, become a subscriber, and get our FREE eBook.