Have you ever looked back on something that you’ve done and gone, “If I only knew what I know now, I would have done that thing a little bit differently”?
Well, I was thinking about that the other day about my jazz playing. If I know what I know now, would I do something completely different or have a different approach to learning jazz than I did when I first started learning it?
Well, in today’s episode that’s exactly what I’m gonna do. I’m gonna build a time machine. I’m gonna go back, and I’m going to redo the way that I learned jazz and I’m gonna take you along for the ride with me.
Listen to episode 365
In this episode:
1. Learn one jazz standard a month
2. Learn the blues in all 12 keys
3. Practice no more than 2 hours a day, 5 times a week
4. Focus on chord tones and resolving to them
5. Learn one chorus of a solo each month
6. Practice soloing unaccompanied
7. Play live once a week
LJS Inner Circle Membership
Free Guide to learn standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way