After learning a jazz standard you may find it difficult to recall the chord changes in the long term, especially if you’re learning a lot of them.
So, I’m gonna share with you how I memorize chords to jazz standards so I don’t forget them.
Listen to episode 364
In this episode:
2. #1: Reading A Chord Chart
3. #2: Learning the Chords by Ear
4. Learn this first before learning chord changes
5. The first basic thing I look for
6. The second thing I look for
7. The absolute key to memorizing chords
8. How to relate chords to a tonal center
9. Identifying cadences
10. How to organize the tune
11. The important questions
12. Relating the melody to the different chords
13. Review of the cadences
14. Recap of chord analysis
See you in the next video!