If you’re feeling stuck in your jazz playing today, it’s likely because of one of the reasons I’m about to share with you.
So, I’m gonna be your jazz doctor today, diagnose your issue, and tell you how to fix it.
Listen to episode 336
In this episode:
- Intro: 10 Reasons Why Your Jazz Improv Isn’t Improving
- Reason #1: This results in licks that don’t sound organic
- Reason #2: Learn more of these
- Reason #3: Learn more of these very well
- Reason #4: Scales alone doesn’t do the trick
- Reason #5: Get that inspiration from the masters
- Reason #6: Set this strategy
- Reason #7: This is what I regularly recommend to my students
- Reason #9: Make sure to get this right
- Reason #10: Level this up first before jazzing up
Free Guide to learn standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way