How do you play scales over jazz chords so that you are playing the right notes but not making it sound like you are just playing scales?
Well, today I’m going to show you a melodic approach to making scales musical.
Listen to episode 299
In this episode:
2. The Big Problem with Scales
3. Taking Scales into Context
4. The Right Way to Think About Scales in Jazz
5. First Step to Making Scales Musical
6. Using Scales to “Fill In The Gaps”
7. The Locrian #2 Lick
8. Identifying Chord Tones in the Lick
9. Filling in the Gaps With Scales in the Lick
1. LJS Inner Circle Mem
LJS Inner Circle Membership https://members.learnjazzstandards.com/ljs-inner-circle
Free Guide to learn standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way https://members.learnjazzstandards.com/op/learn-jazz-standards-the-smart-way/