If you’re a guitar or a piano player, one important thing that you’d be able to do is chord melody – playing the chords and the melody of a jazz standard at the same time.
But this presents a particular challenge, especially for jazz guitar players. So what are the basics of chord melody and how do you do it?
Listen to episode 355
In this episode:
- Creating chord melody – Polka Dots and Moonbeams
- The basics of creating chord melody
- How to find the chords under the melody notes – Section A
- How to emphasize the melody notes
- Try adding some ornaments
- How to find the chords under the melody notes – Section B
- My own rendition of Polka Dots and Moonbeams
Free Guide to learn standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way
Listen to the Learn Jazz Standards Podcast
Get our Amazon Best Selling book
See you in the next video!