So, tell me if you’re going to relate any of this:
You want to go play at a public jam session, but you’re kind of just afraid that you’re not going to sound good and you’re afraid of what the other jazz musicians are going to think of you and your playing.
Or, you go up to perform and all the eyes staring back at you make you tremble, make you clam up, and in general, it’s just an incredibly uncomfortable experience that doesn’t allow you to actually have fun performing and playing jazz.
Well, in today’s episode, I’m going to share with you my personal experience with performance anxiety, whether it be for a crowd of people or in front of your peers, and how I’ve dealt with it and hopefully, you can learn a little bit from my story as well.
Welcome to episode 404
In this episode:
1. Why we need to overcome performance anxiety
2. When I started experiencing performance anxiety
3. How jazz playing intensified my performance anxiety
4. Factors that gradually helped me overcome my performance anxiety
5. The best mindset for improving long-term as a musician
Free Guide to learning standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way
LJS Inner Circle Membership
Listen to the Learn Jazz Standards Podcast