Welcome to episode 30 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about 5 jazz solos you should learn and why. Learning jazz solos by ear is a practice that all jazz musicians should be doing and is incredibly important for becoming a better jazz musician. If you are having trouble finding good solos to learn, these are definitely some to consider. Listen in!
Listen to episode 30
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
1. Miles Davis’ solo on Freddie Freeloader.
Solo starts at 2:12
2. John Coltrane’s solo on My Shining Hour
Solo starts at 0:40
3. Hank Mobley’s solo on Someday My Prince Will Come
Solo starts at 3:10
4. Sonny Rollins’ solo on St. Thomas
Solo starts at 0:55
5. Dexter Gordon’s solo on Apple Jump
Solo starts at 0:58