Welcome to episode 24 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about why jazz is unpopular and what we can do about it. According to Nielsen’s 2014 Year-End Report, jazz is one of the most unpopular genres of music in the United States. In this episode, we take a closer look at these details, try to figure out why, ask some questions, and reflect on what we can do about it. Listen in!
*Correction in the podcast: Jazz and Classical both make up 1.4% of US music consumption each, for a total of 2.8%.
Listen to episode 24
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
- The Nielsen 2014 Year-End Report.
- Is Jazz dying?
- The problem with jazz music today.
- Jazz is art music and music is not a popularity contest.
- Where do we go from here? Jazz is changing.
- 3 things jazz musicians can do for jazz today.
- 2 things both jazz musicians on non-musician jazz fans can do for jazz today.