Welcome to episode 17 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about 8 jazz records you need to listen to. Our host of the LJS Podcast, Brent Vaartstra, talks about his favorite jazz albums that have stood the test of time, and invites you to chime in with yours. Listen in!
Listen to episode 17
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
Hank Mobley “Soul Station”
- Favorite track: Remember.
Cannonball and Coltrane
- Favorite track: Weaver of Dreams.
Oliver Nelson “The Blues and the Abstract Truth”
- Favorite track: Hoe Down.
Kurt Rosenwinkel “Deep Song”
- Favorite track: The Next Step.
Brad Mehldau “Art of the Trio 4”
- Favorite track: I’ll Be Seeing You.
Sonny Rollins “The Bridge”
- Favorite track: The Bridge.
Stan Getz and Kenny Barron “People Time”
- Favorite track: East of the Sun.
Max Roach “Members Don’t Get Weary”
- Favorite track: Absolutions.
LJS Inner Circle Membership
Listen to episode 16: Practicing With a Metronome.