Welcome to episode 3 of the LJS Podcast where today we are talking about how to overcome low self-esteem as a musician. In this episode we talk about how musicians (especially jazz musicians) can suffer from low self-esteem by being hard on themselves and unhappy with their playing. We walk through 4 different things to consider to help overcome low self-esteem as a musician. Listen in!
Listen to episode 3
Enjoy listening to this podcast?
If you get value from the LJS Podcast, help us out by leaving a rating and review on iTunes or your favorite podcast service. Thanks for your help!
In this episode
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- Everyone has a different story.
- Realize that musicianship is a journey.
- Don’t look at it as a destination, look at it as a journey.
- Don’t place all of your self-worth into music.
- Find self-worth in other things
- Play music because you love it.
- Stop looking at music as a means to an end, but rather something to be valued and enjoyed now.
LJS Inner Circle Membership
Free Guide to learn standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way
Listen to episode 2: How to Properly Learn a Jazz Standard
“Broomsticks” by Camden Hughes.