Welcome to episode 243 where today I reveal my top 10 favorite jazz albums of all time. These albums are ones that I have come back to time and time again, and think you should check out as well. I go over 5 older jazz albums and 5 modern jazz albums I absolutely love.
Listen to episode 243
I had someone in our Learn Jazz Standards Facebook group recently ask me, “Hey Brent, what are your favorite jazz albums of all time? Have you done a podcast episode about that?”
And at that time, the answer was no. But today, I am gearing to fix that.
In today’s episode, I’m going to go over my 10 favorite jazz albums, the ones that I just always kept coming back to over the years. I’m going to do five old ones and five more modern jazz ones that I really love.
And hopefully, you’ll also learn some great albums that you can start listening to this week.
In this episode:
1. Sonnyside Up by Dizzy Gillespie
2. Soul Station by Hank Mobley
3. The Bridge by Sonny Rollins
4. Smokin’ at the Half Note by Wynton Kelly
5. Someday My Prince Will Come by Miles Davis
6. Strangers in Paradise by Peter Bernstein
7. Deep Song by Kurt Rosenwinkel
8. It’s You I Like by John Ellis
9. Art of the Trio 4 by Brad Mehldau Trio
10. Ultrahang by Chris Potter