Today, on the podcast I’m going to be sitting down and improvising a little bit over a jazz standard that I like to play and just giving myself an opportunity to explore some new ideas, to allow myself to get musically creative.
I like you to join me in the process and see what you can discover along the way as well.
Welcome to episode 398
In this episode:
How I improvise on East of the Sun in 6 different ways
1. 1st jam session: Improvising freely with no constraints
2. 2nd jam session: Focusing more on improving melodic direction
3. 3rd jam session: Expanding my improv throughout the range of my instrument
4. 4th jam session: Do a solo using more chord voicings
5. 5th jam session: Applying motivic development
6. 6th jam session: Making the lines more bluesy
Free Guide to learning standards by ear: Learn Jazz Standards the Smart Way
LJS Inner Circle Membership
Listen to the Learn Jazz Standards Podcast