Do you ever get that feeling when you’re looking at your instrument sitting there in the corner and you just don’t feel like picking it up? It’s kind of a strange feeling because deep inside you’re excited about music and jazz and you want to improve and you know you have that idea of practicing but then when you actually go to do it there’s some kind of resistance there.
And sometimes the reason that is is because practicing can sometimes be boring. That is if you practice in a boring way.
So in today’s episode, we’re going to talk about five ways to make practice not boring so that you’re having fun when you go to pick up your instrument and learn new things.
Welcome to episode 438
In this episode:
5 Ways to Make Practice Not Boring
1. Practice things you like to practice
2. Practice high-leverage activities, things that give you big results.
3. Add purpose to your practice. Don’t just be doing a meaningless task for no reason.
4. Practice in a fun way, ways that are fun for you to practice.
5. Practice with a goal in mind or goals in mind.