So, if you’re practicing over jazz standards but you continually feel like you’re not improving, not getting any better, it could be that you’re just practicing them wrong in the very first place.
So, I’m gonna show you strategies for practicing over jazz standards and actually improvising over them.
Listen to episode 351
In this episode:
- First strategy: Study the chord changes of a jazz standard
- Isolate just one chord and practice improvising over it
- Demonstration: How to improvise over one chord
- 2nd strategy: Practice improvising over common progressions
- Demonstration: Improvising over one chord
- Demonstration: Improvising over two chords
- 3rd Strategy: Practice the transitions
- Demonstration: Practice transitioning 3-chord progressions
See you in the next video!