You’ve probably been told that playing jazz requires great ears. Well, how do you actually train your ears for jazz improvisation? I’m gonna give you 10 things you can do!
Listen to episode 359
In this episode:
- What are the Ear Training Fundamentals?
- The Best way for becoming a Jazz Improviser
- What is Applied Ear Training?
- What are the 10 Different Ideas For Applied Ear Training
- #1: Learn the Melodies of Jazz Standards by Ear
- #2: Learning A Solo Lick or Etude by Ear
- #3: Take A Lick Into Different Keys
- #4: Play A Piece of Music or a Lick in a Different Position
- #5: Singing and then Playing
- #6: Composing Your Own Solos
- #7: Memorizing Music
- #8: Learn Jazz Standards and Understand the Chord Progressions
- #9: Play Along with Jazz Records
- #10 Improvise “free”
See you in the next video!